The Collaborative Research Centre 923 “Threatened Orders“, research project F03 “Threat Discourses in sermons and plays of the Late Middle Ages and the Early Modern Times” of the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen (Germany) invites applications for a PhD student position / Doctoral candidate / Research Assistant (m/f/d, E TV-L 13, 65 %).
The position is available from 1 August 2019 or as soon as possible and limited to 30 June 2023.
Among the duties are
- the analysis of German and English sermons of the 16th and 17th Century, in printed and handwritten form,
- the independent research of the sources,
- collaboration in the team of the research project as well as with the project managers and further co-workers,
- the organization of conferences and workshops of the research project,
- the participation and cooperation in the central events of the Collaborative Research Centre such as workshops or conferences.
The requirements for the positions are as follows:
- an academic degree in Christian Theology (catholic or protestant) or Historical Studies, in each case with a focus on Church History,
- expertise in the field of Reformation and Early Modern History,
- palaeographic expertise in prints and handwritings of the 16th and 17th Century,
- ability to work in a team for the collaboration of the research project and the CRC.
In case of equal qualification and experience physically challenged applicants or applicants with equivalent status are given preference. As the University of Tübingen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The application should include the usual documents (curriculum vitae, academic certificates, if applicable list of publications and given courses). Applications are to be submitted by 01.07.2019 and should be sent as one pdf-file by E-mail to
Prof. Dr. Andreas Holzem, Faculty of Catholic Theology, Professorship of Medieval and Modern Church History, Liebermeisterstraße 12, 72076 Tübingen.
Candidates will be officially employed by the administration of the University of Tübingen.