The Fondazione per le Scienze Religiose Giovanni XXIII in Bologna, host of the Ninth Annual RefoRC Conference 2019 on Early Modern Christianity, is pleased to announce the full list of plenary speakers.
All plenary papers will deal with the overall topic of War and Peace in 16th Century Religions.
The plenary speakers are:
- Angela de Benedictis (Bologna): Theories of War, Revolt and Resistance in Early Modern Italy
- Ian Campbell (Belfast): Early Modern University Debates on War and Religion
- Irene Dingel (Mainz): Compelled to Peace. Religious Peace Agreements as a Path to Confessional Co-existence
- Rebecca Giselbrecht (Zurich): Women at War – The Swiss Connections
- Mark Greengrass (Sheffield): Wars of Religion in the Sixteenth Century and the Problem of Trust
- Vincenzo Lavenia (Bologna): Faith on the field. Soldiers and Religion in 16th Century Europe
- Graeme Murdock (Dublin): Crossing Borders and Marking Boundaries: War and Peace on Religious Frontiers