The Program of the conference The Theology of Dort (1618–1619), Confessional Consolidation, Conflictual Contexts, and Continuing Consequences Groningen, May 8–9, 2019 is now available for download as a pdf file.
The conference will take place May 8 and 9, 2019 in Groningen and is organized in the framework of RefoRC by the University of Groningen, the Theological University of Apeldoorn, Gereformeerde Bond and Hersteld Hervormd Seminarie.
- Harm Goris, Tilburg School of Catholic Theology, Total Depravity or Relapse into Natural State? Roman Catholic Views on the Effects of the Fall.
- Michael Haykin, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary “Abunde sufficiens ad totius mundi peccata expianda”: Particular Baptists & the Reception of Dort.
- Arnold Huijgen, Theological University of Apeldoorn, The Lasting Value and Limitations of the Canons of Dort.
- Volker Leppin, Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, A Disliked doctrine: Predestination, Dort and the Lutherans.
- Dolf te Velde, Theological University of Kampen, Justified by Faith? Franciscus Gomarus on the Crucial Issue with Jacob Arminius.
Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies, Oude Boteringestraat 38, 9712 GK Groningen, phone: +31 50 363 8017.
- The costs for participating in the conference are € 150,00 (including coffee, tea, 2 lunches and 2 diners).
- In order to enroll, please transfer € 150,00 to the Theological University Apeldoorn IBAN: NL 96 ABNA 0447 2695 18 (BIC ABNANL2A), including the remark ‘Conference: Theology of Dort’ and your name and e-mail address. Participation is only possible if the money has been transferred by April 15th, 2019.
- The organisation does not provide for hotels or transportation to, from or in Groningen, so please book a hotel in or near the inner city.
8 May 2019
9 May 2019