Two RefoRC Awards are presented annually for publications related to era of the 16th century Reformations: a RefoRC Book Award and a RefoRC Paper Award. The awards aim to to encourage acadamics to present their research.
- The content of the book or paper is related to Early Modern Christianity.
- Publications are written in English, French or German.
- Books should be written by a single author and should be published in the calendar year preceding the award year.
- Nominations for the RefoRC Paper Award may be made by individuals who have presented a paper at the Annual RefoRC Conference. The recipient agrees to have the paper published in the conference volume or the Journal of Early Modern Christianity.
Criteria for Selection
- Originality of topic and research.
- Methodological and literary quality.
- Presentation of new insights.
- Academic and social relevance.
Applications must be written in English and sent by e-mail to the president of the Board of RefoRC. Once applications are acknowledged, copies of the work should be sent to:
- RefoRC Book Award: The author is responsible for sending three hard copies of the book to the president of the Board of RefoRC before February 15th.
- RefoRC Paper Award: The author is responsible for sending one printed copy of the paper and a PDF to the president of the Board of RefoRC within two months after the Annual RefoRC Conference.
- Prize winning publications are chosen by the Board of RefoRC.
- Individual RefoRC Board members do not decide on publications of academics affiliated with the same institution as they are affiliated with.
- The decision of the Board of RefoRC is final and no correspondence discussing the decision will be entered into.
- RefoRC Book Award: the author of the selected book will receive € 1000 and a certificate.
- RefoRC Paper Award: the author of the selected paper will receive € 500 and the paper will be published in the conference volume or the Journal of Early Modern Christianity.
- RefoRC Book Award: at the Annual RefoRC Conference in May.
- RefoRC Paper Award: through Refo500’s Academic Newsletter, press releases, and social media.
- November: Call for applications for the RefoRC Book Award.
- March: Decision on the RefoRC Book Award by the Board of RefoRC.
- May: Winner of the RefoRC Book Award announced at the Annual RefoRC Conference.
- May: Call for applications for the RefoRC Paper Award.
- September: Decision on the RefoRC Paper Award by the Board of RefoRC.
- October: Announcement of the RefoRC Paper Award winner.
Contact Herman J. Selderhuis, president of the Board of RefoRC.